What are some guiding questions and themes surrounding the impact of climate change on teaching and learning in the decades to come? This post is just a first stab at putting down in words some of the thoughts that are guiding my inquiry at its outset.
- How is education likely to be affected by climate change in the 21st century?
- What will teaching and learning in school settings look like?
- What will learning in other settings look like?
- What should education for our children look like in an era of climate change?
- How can educational institutions transform themselves in order to support the learning and growth of children and communities?
- "What potentialities in human beings—children, teachers, and ourselves—do we want to see develop" as we look toward the challenges the next generations will face? (Adapting the words of Lucy Sprague Mitchell.)
- How are children already affected by our changing world?